Sunday 12 September 2010

Totally Cool Tomography

Magnetic Imaging is a great tool for looking at three dimensional objects by two-dimensional cross sections...For math students, think of this as taking lots of two dimensional cross-sectional slides of a three dimensional object, and then making a movie of the slides. The different colors are different densities of the fruit, darker for dense, lighter for thin.

I found a bunch of nice images of fruits and vegetables at Inside insides

For example, if someone ask you what type of symmetry a watermelon has.. wait..before you answer, look at this.

1 comment:

Nona said...

OK ... like I told you when you were here, I often read your blog ... and sometimes I even understand it. However, there are times (such as this one) when I simply enjoy it. Amazing!